The team has the expertise and experience to provide support to pupils/students with a variety of complex learning, physical and emotional, behavioural needs across primary and secondary schools. Whilst individual team members have particular skills and strengths, staff are able to work across the age range of mainstream schools.
Each team member retains a working knowledge of their specialism by spending an agreed weekly period of time in a host special school.
A professional service for Southampton City schools
Our service can support your school in the following ways:
- Direct work with pupils/students delivered by experienced teachers and special school assistants
- Advice to teachers and teaching assistants in relation to developing inclusive practice
- Developing learning and behaviour plans and target setting
- Advice on planning and assessment, including use of P levels
- Advice on implementing evidence based interventions
- Developing resources and strategies to meet the needs of pupils/students with SEND